2011 de la Guerra Chardonnay
Hyde Vineyard experienced a long, cold season that began with wet weather well into mid June. Ultimately, the rainy weather delayed flowering and set. What followed was a cool summer providing slow and steady Chardonnay maturation. A late September harvest capped off the ideal vintage providing balance and heightened minerality.
The nose is spicy and mineral with hints of apple and apricot. A racy yet generous palate that provides the ideal Chardonnay components: freshness, tension, balance and persistence. The 2011 de la Guerra Chardonnay is the epitome of our quest at HdV in providing a wine that highlights the site, vintage and varietal attributes.
— Stéphane Vivier, Winemaker
- Region: Napa Valley
- Appellation: Los Carneros
- Vineyard: Hyde Vineyard
- Age of vines: 16 to 19 years
- Geography: Eastern edge of the Carneros District
- Exposure: South by southeast
- Soil: Shallow loam over clay hardpan
- Subterranean: Ancient terraces and alluvial fans
- Acreage: 1.1 acres
- Production: 202 cases
- Harvest dates: September 21st & 23rd
- Bottling date: July 27th, 2012